Exercises at home are an ideal alternative to the gym, especially now that most gyms are closed. This way you can keep moving without having to purchase all kinds of special devices or accessories. Plus, these workouts can help you sleep better!
In this article, we look at some excellent sports exercises to do at home that don’t require anything but your own body.
The best sports exercises for home
If you’re a beginner, these home exercise exercises are an ideal way to start with a gentle yet effective workout. When you do each exercise 10 times and repeat 2 times, you have completed a short but complete workout. That is something to be proud of – after all, it contributes to a healthy life!
1. The bridge
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides. Bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Push your buttocks up through your feet until your hips can no longer rotate and then tighten your glutes.
- Slowly return to the lying position and repeat the exercise.
2. Knee Push-Ups
- Get on your knees and move your torso until you’re in a “planking” position. Keep your toes on the ground.
- Keep your torso straight and bend your elbows to bring yourself closer to the floor. Make sure to keep your elbows at a 45-degree angle.
- Return to plank position and repeat the exercise.
3. Standing Lunges
- Stand up straight and put your right leg forward. Make sure to keep your foot flat on the floor. Move your left leg back, standing on the toes of your left foot.
- Bend your knees until they form a right angle. To keep your balance, it helps to put your hands on your sides.
- Use your right foot to push yourself back up to the standing position. Then repeat the exercise.
4. From Plank to Downward Dog
- Get into a plank position with your hands under your shoulders and your feet close together. You’re on your toes.
- Tighten your abs as you push your butt up until your heels almost touch the floor.
- Hold this position for 1 second and then return to the plank position. Repeat this exercise.
5. The Bird Dog Sports Exercises For Home
- Get on your hands and knees with your hands under your shoulders.
- Keep your neck in a neutral position as you straighten your left arm and right leg at the same time. Hold this position for 2 seconds.
- Return to starting position, then straighten your right arm and left leg. Then you repeat the exercise.
In addition to sports exercises, supplements and nutrition are also important
When you get started with sports exercises for home, you naturally demand more from your body. As a result, your body needs more essential nutrients, so that, for example, the muscles recover more easily.
Strength training and supplements, therefore, go hand in hand. After all, the right supplements can make sure you’re simply getting the right amount of nutrients. However, nutritional supplements never replace a healthy diet with natural foods.
When you do sports exercises at home, it is a good plan to enrich your diet with protein-rich foods. This reduces the risk of injuries and provides your muscles with sufficient protein.