Sleep supplements are available almost everywhere. And that is not without reason. Many people experience sleeping problems due to stress, health, or other reasons. At such a moment it is nice if you can use a tool that promotes your sleep.
In this article, we look at the best sleep supplements out there, how they work, and give you some other tips to help you sleep.
This is perhaps one of the most well-known sleep supplements. Your body also naturally produces melatonin, but sometimes just too little to sleep well. Extra supplements help your body to enter sleep mode earlier, making it easier for you to sleep through.
2. Magnesium Sleep Supplements
This trace element helps regulate melatonin production, so your body will make more melatonin. Magnesium also contributes to reducing stress and anxiety, making it easier to fall asleep.
Glycine is one of the amino acids found in our proteins. This substance causes your body temperature to drop, signaling your body to get ready for sleep. This increases melatonin production and makes you feel tired.
This wonderfully scented plant can contribute to a better sleep pattern because the scent has a calming effect. Although the exact effect of this plant is still unknown, results show that people sleep better and fall asleep more easily.
We cannot, of course, skip valerian. Valerian root, but especially valerian root, is one of the most popular herbs to help with sleep. This root ensures that the quality of sleep improves a lot. It is therefore one of the more popular sleep supplements.
Are there other solutions besides sleep supplements?
- Get in touch with more natural light during the day
- Reduce blue light from electronics in the evening
- Don’t drink coffee before going to bed
- Reduce your alcohol intake
- Go to bed at set times and get up at set times
- Try to avoid naps
- Do not eat fatty and high-calorie foods late at night
- Try some breathing exercises
- Exercise more during the day, but avoid exercising right before bedtime