Strength training is physical training for strengthening the body using weights. You can perform it in several ways. Fitness focuses on improving fitness, burning fat, and strength training.
With the help of sports equipment, fitness equipment, and a good training schedule, you can achieve your goals. Strength training supplements can also help you reach your goals faster. This way you can simply get extra nutrients.
Difference between strength training and fitness
During fitness training, you often use lighter weights than with strength training, and you often do sets with more repetitions. With strength training, you do fewer repetitions with heavier weights and you build this up further so that you can handle heavier weights.
What is cardio then?
In addition to fitness and strength training, you also have cardio fitness. The training is adjusted to the measured heart rate. The aim is to maintain a steady heart rate, build fitness and also lose weight. Both young and old practice cardio fitness. Well-known cardio exercises include: Running, rowing, sprinting, jumping rope, and climbing stairs.
Well-known fitness exercises include Leg curls, machine leg presses, front squats, machine chest presses, lunges, and sumo squats.
Difference Between Men and Women
With strength training, most exercises are designed by men and for men. That is why we also mention a few exercises that are especially for women. Men usually want firm arms and back muscles. Women focus more on training the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks.
In addition, women would like to lose weight and be a bit more toned in their skin. Training the triceps is also popular with women because of the well-known “chicken fillets” in the upper arms. Especially with aging.
Strength Training Exercises For Women:
- Squats: You use a barbell, weight plates, and a smith machine or squat rack
- Leg presses: There are various leg trainers for that
- Side crunches: training the abs
- Biceps curls: Training your arm muscles
There are also exercises, mostly for men, that you can also do at home. These include:
- barbell curls
- dumbbell curls
- chest presses
Also pay attention to your diet, because training alone will not give you the ideal body. And adequate rest is also very important and of course, taking various supplements for strength training can help you achieve your goals. Protein and dairy products are important for building your muscles.
Use as little refined carbohydrates as possible. In any case, drink at least two liters of water a day. In addition, eat fresh fruits and vegetables; especially green leafy vegetables and avocado. Avoid sugar and use a healthy sweetener, such as Erythritol. Finally, reduce your salt consumption.
Strength training and supplements
- Creatine: Creatine is one of the few supplements that has been scientifically shown to help with strength training and fitness. Greater creatine levels in the muscles mean more energy for effort. It also makes your muscles fuller, because you retain more fluid. This makes you look a bit wider.
- Whey proteins: If you follow a varied, healthy, and protein-rich diet, you will in principle receive sufficient nutrients to develop extra muscles. Still, it can be useful to get just a little extra protein or to have breakfast or lunch with a tasty shake. Especially if you are losing weight, it can be a handy way to get enough protein. In this way, a feeling of satiety lasts longer.
- Caffeine: There is ample evidence that caffeine (3-6 mg/kg) improves performance in certain sports. Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and the adrenal glands, after which your body releases adrenaline. In addition, caffeine increases fat breakdown, so that an athlete uses the glycogen stock less quickly. This can lead to an improvement in performance in sports.